Monday, January 17, 2022

Toronto -- Worst storm in 30 years

 I called it, with 2 fronts converging on Toronto.  I said they completely cancel out, or it's the worst ever.



You can put this on continuous loop if you are from Australia.  At least you have clange working there.  It's missing up here, right now.

For me, it's the worst since I got the house.  We tried to walk up the road, but we couldn't.  I'd get the snowshoes but they are back in the shed, guarded by huge drifts.  I don't even think the racing snowshoes are enough right now.  You need huge ones.   The dog jumps from one total burial to another, and she was happy to give up and go back in.

With all the heat energy gone in the Northern Hemisphere, I was hoping that the worst we'd get is 'back to the 70's'.  Now I think the long cycle of 300 years is diving.  We'll see soon enough if the Arctic ice comes down to Denmark.  Then the Swedes can invade again.  Yeah!

So, the phillies can dance with 'kinks in the jet stream', 'La Nina', or polar vortex fairies.  Can't wait.

In 1980, we were in Cornwall, Ontario, when there was an Atlantic curl.  That storm covered houses, and poor grandpa went out every hour to clear the gas vent exhaust.  No cars started because of the cold, and everybody needed a tow to the garage.  It was nothing in Toronto.

ps. they are already coming up with very low numbers for the accumulated snowfall.  I'm hoping somebody measured near the lake.


No comments: