Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Welcome to my nightmare -- Part 2

 My imaginary, totally fictional plant was built on the worst geology in the world.  The soil is a melange of sand, silt and clay, deposited as a river delta on an ancient beach.  You could not find anything worse.

This plant put a lot more weight on this soil, than the other one.  I have visions of being there, but I just heard stories.  They dug a big hole, and put in piles side by side.  All of Lake Ontario was pouring in through the sand, so they put in huge 'well points' to keep the water down, so they could hammer in the piles.

The piling was so dense that every time they hammered down a new one, the old ones popped back up, and they constantly kept hammering everything down, like a whack-a-mole.  You can see the effort in the old pictures, which are probably gone now.  You couldn't think of a better way to disturb the soil.

Luckily, all the pile heads got beams, and they poured the foundations.  No need for the soil to support anything.  

---ahh!  I can't go on!  If you want a horror show, go to nettyflix..

THE END

ps.  I'm going on "Only Fans for Fisics"  where I will make a lot of money.  Don't go for more details unless you have the cash.  I have a real cute smile.



No comments: