Friday, January 5, 2024

The new standard of plagiarism -- Everybody and Their Dog

 


Yeah, this has backfired on this guy.  If you use AI on every thesis, you will detect plagiarism.  I know that all my papers wouldn't survive the new standard.

For the boring sections of any paper, I would take many sources and mix them in an original manner.  Especially the background on computational techniques.  Really, there are only so many ways to write about basic physics.

I predict a new round of Academic Assassination, that will take everybody.  At least those who wrote in the 70's, when you had to haul huge reference books around.  And we all used computer card decks that weighed a ton.  Wait until the AI goes after my code!  

The AI should go after the billionaire tax returns.  Ha!  It's like taking out frozen blood samples of our famous athletes of the 80's.

  ps.  I wrote my thesis with a portable typewriter.  I didn't want to put in all the necessary quotes and footnotes.  It would be unreadable!  For an earthquake paper I dug up Richter's original work from the 1930's, on microfilm.  Included a lot of it, mixed up.


2 comments:

Neil T said...

I got the shock of my life when my old lecturer referenced my MSc thesis in one of his papers! Cheeky git.

Harold Asmis said...

No human should read my msc thesis. No pity for AI.