Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Hell has frozen over

 There it is.  Lake Erie has frozen over.


Just a speck left.  I like to jump the gun.  


It's a bit behind the '70's Show', but it's getting there.  I can't find a graph showing the warm cycle.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't frozen over for a while, but who knows?

This is the time I always bring out the old company's video



Now, that was 'hell on earth'.  Those ice ridges were amazing.  It killed the concept of a cable going across the lake, but everybody keeps bringing it up again, as though the lake would never freeze over again.  We had physics in those days.


4 comments:

Penny said...

I'm pretty sure Lake Erie Froze over almost entirely in 2018
NOAA predicted it would be 26 percent- they were wrong
I documented it here
http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2018/01/frigid-cold-ends-for-now-noaa-wrong-on.html

recall those flash freezes that saw those ships frozen in the st lawrence seaway?

and there was another year- the year the ice caves formed at Crystal Beach- everyone came from miles around to view them and enter them- hubby and I were there too

Penny said...

Oh and it was really cold today- this morning was -18C

Harold Asmis said...

Oh blah, it's too much work to actually check it. Betcha they didn't have giant ice ridges since the 80's. But I wouldn't check that either. :)

Penny said...

Hey Harold

I'm a bit of a canal/lake/St Lawrence Seaway fan.
It's always been one of my fave places to hang out
( I like the locks quite a bit. Particularly the flight locks)
They never fail to amaze me...
The idea of those big ships climbing a mountain..