Friday, April 7, 2023

Getting kicked out of social media

 I was just showing my little charts, like this one.


I was pointing out that the end of the chart showed us getting colder.  In fact, the chart is exactly the same as the Arctic ice volume chart, because the basic mechanics is the same.

This provoked the Grand Poobah of my Nerdochat to go off the deep end and accuse me of 'cherry picking' all the charts, and being an complete idiot.  I am now engaged in idle chit-chat and waiting for him to kick me off.

He was going on about the main line of the chart, and I was pointing out the end.  I said the the original 'Hockey Stick' was on the end hook.  He produced a chart showing way past the hook, and I showed a chart with the dates - 1999. -- it was just on the hook, at the very end of the chart.

I had to admit I was playing the Kings Fool, and had no qualifications whatsoever, which is what he was going on about.  I said that on the Internet, I was a dog.  Anyway, this is a constructive dismissal, and I'm not going back.  I did have some support on  the chat.

I will continue to 'cherry pick' long-standing geophysics charts that were once the darling of the 'cool kids' until they went 'bad', as in 'bad-speak'.  They don't have any charts to counter, unless, they are cherry picked.

And this is the chart that was the darling last week, but it has gone nuts.


That's because the Arctic ice isn't going away this year.  The chart only does 'liquid water' and cuts off area that is frozen.  They don't say that anywhere.  He also accused me of cherry picking this one.

I'm sticking with my predictions of continued cold on the Pacific Belt.  They will just shrug that off and ignore it.  Harder to ignore will be the full 'Siberia Spill' over UK this winter.  Yuck!

ps. it's unbelievable that the guard has gone with this chart.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/apr/08/headed-off-the-charts-worlds-ocean-surface-temperature-hits-record-high



No comments: