Saturday, April 1, 2023

Current AI boom is a fraud

 This current generation of AI is 'statistical extraction'  based on probability.  I used to write essays like that for all my 'horrible' courses on Canadian Lit and Creative Writing.  Pile up a bunch of books on the subject and extract sentences randomly, sorted by the probability of being relevant.  I always did well.

Anyway, nobody reads any essays, because they are always the same garbage.  And the AI pictures are the usual derivative mangle.  I see a great future for AI 'chat help' for Amazon and such.  You can't tell if they are human as it is.  

I especially like the fact that MS is using AI for 'security'.  That's the best!

ps.  I think if you wanted to support the fraud for money, you would get it to produce a ton of garbage, and pick out the best one.  This would cost you 10 times the effort of writing it in the first place.

pps.  now they are saying it will go after 'average' programmers.  But a 'Bright' can be 10 times more productive at programming.

No comments: