Monday, September 28, 2026

Minisforum warranty comes through

 


Minisforum is coming in big, for such a small computer.  They have seized the mini format, and are jamming in tremendous power.  I have nothing but minicomputers in the house, running Linux.

Putting in such power means innovative cooling solutions.  Before last Christmas, I saw the coming DDR5, and ssd, appookalipse and ordered a powerful machine to run some AI video processing.  It came with a 'liquid metal' cooling system.  It worked fine for 6 months.

Then I got hit with a problem that was all over the Internet.  The cooler became an insulator.  I could only run for 5 minutes before it died.  No problem, in order to instil confidence in their machines, they put in a 2 year warranty.  Their machines really are on the bleeding edge, and they needed this.

My problem was that I had lots of memory and a ssd drive that was now 3 times more expensive.  I took that out, and they sent a new machine that had the same memory holder format.  I just put in my chips and it worked perfectly.  They went through a lot of effort to find a solution that worked.

So, buy with confidence.  Hopefully, prices will drop soon.


No comments: