Wednesday, August 12, 2026

New heating event showing up

 


Now, I'm hanging up my pencils.  Although they corrupted every measurement possible, there may be a new heating event like 2023-24 showing up.



This heat blob will again drift from the NE to the SE over in the West Pacific.  I've been expecting the air temp curve to dive again, but it may not.  That's the problem with knowing the mechanics of the old El Nino cycle.  It's best not to know anything.  Good thing I only have 3 readers.

We can't estimate the effect of this heating event.  23-24 was only one of the many heat sliders, and it had a huge effect.  All the others were nothing.  I'm still expecting a high misery winter, but who knows?

The Pacific plumes are still weak.  The first thing we expect is that the BC forest fires will stop if the plumes strengthen up.  They are using a new weird index to say July was the hottest ever for the US, but that heavily weights the mid-west and not the East.  They will choose whatever they want.

ps and googs has finally cleared up the spurious counts on the readers.  It is now down to a pure 2.


I am so proud.  



No comments: