Sunday, June 30, 2024

The Summer without a Year

 Of course, the standard version is mixed around a bit for the title.  However, I was frozen out of the cottage today, on the July long weekend.  

I'll admit I was wrong again.  I knew we were in for some cold times, but I thought we could have a 70's summer, which is a month or two with stagnant air.  If we have clear, dry air, and the sun overhead, then it is hot, greenhouse glass raining down on us, or not.

But, no.  We have to get 'air glaciers' pouring down on us.  This is true glaciation, but with cold air.  I have never seen this so powerful in the summer.  Can't wait for the winter!

I hate to put my Stamp of Doom on it, but it looks like this is it, for our summer, hence the title.  That's because we never remember a miserable summer.  And the warmies, who predicted 'super hot' are all in hiding.


ps. and our first tiny hurricane.  I wish they would separate total energy and intensity.  It would be nice for world weather.


ps. Ha, Ha.  Somebody organized a big pool party up the road, as I walked by the place with the dog, and my full winters on.  Lots of laughter and splashing could be heard -- NOT!



No comments: