Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Linux -- Zoneminder can't go on a busy machine

 Yeah, I have given up putting Zoneminder on a working machine.  KDE interferes, and the Apache2 and PHP installations are weird.  There are all sorts of hidden gotchas if you have a machine with some history.  PHP8.1 can't be installed over PHP8.0, and it's almost impossible to clear things.

I ordered a small computer which shall have Zoneminder exclusively.  Every time there is a major upgrade, I shall reinstall Debian Sid from scratch.  I did that on my older machine and bricked it.  

ps.  AHHH!  I just added the two disks from old machine, and the 'sd*' was totally mixed up, and I nuked the boot disk.  Good thing I had a boot install usb, or screwed city.

pps  always put your install usb in a sacred place, with the password-protected bitcoin wallet


No comments: