Friday, August 5, 2022

Fixing a steam cleaner nozzle

 I have the D u p ra y Ne at steam cleaner.  We are getting ready for weddings and grandchildren and it is the neatest thing to clean up.  You use pads, and I keep a bucket full of ox cleaner to rotate them.  Does carpets, and the walls, which are the worst.  You just steam everything, and it smells so nice.

Darn valve stopped closing.  I tried all the vinegar treatments and nothing helped.  You take apart the nozzle, and find the heavy-duty valve piston.  You put on lots of silicon grease, and you have to stretch the spring.  It compresses under use.  They need a heavier one.

Then it works.  This is the quickest, most satisfying repair I've ever done.  I didn't cut myself, or lose screws.  

I just tested it under full pressure, and it works.  I am normally the world's worst worker, because I zone out and daydream.  But this worked.

ps.  the steamer is the best for sudden frantic cleaning.  We all let everything go, until suddenly there's a party.  Poor daughter-in-law went conventional and threw out her back just before her wedding.  Very sad.  We should all be more organized -  Ha!


No comments: