Friday, November 16, 2018

Atlantic Current Starts the Great Bleed


The new sea currents map is out today, and there are few interesting points.  The above is the daily sea temperature map, and it shows that the Gulf Stream is continuing to die.  But it shows that hot water is spilling down South America, at where I call 'The Nose'.

We have our usual 20 year micro ice ages, and the big 300 year ones, which I call the mini ice age.  Right now we are tipping into the next micro ice age.  However, I noticed that the nose was bleeding.  That means our warm Atlantic water was going south of the nose.  I have conjectured that the 300 year cycle is when most of the water goes south instead of north.

Normally, all that nice warm water goes straight up the coast and flushes out the Caribbean.  Then it is a nice holiday destination.  However, right now the current is turbulent and there is a big seaweed problem.  Yuck!

If the current stops altogether, then the Caribbean is a big swamp.  But, last year, we had the Bleeding Nose, and it came back, so we hope for this year.


This the video of the current starting the Big Bleed.  I've never seen when the tip bucket goes the other way, and I hope I never will.


This is the 'no hope' El Nino reversal that is getting ever smaller and retreating.  Everybody will be very cold.

ps. thanks all.  My numbers have gone through a very low roof.

No comments: