Thursday, February 15, 2024

State of the Oceans - Feb 15, 2024

 This is the big article that could get me a coffee.

That said, there is nothing going on.


The Pacific is cold and has a uniform current going to the east.


The Gulf Stream is interesting.  It still has a high volume going up into the Greenland Gap.


You can see that just under Greenland, there is warmth, higher north than that of the Pacific.  I use this to see how much the GS is transporting heat energy.

There is another heating event and I cannot peg it to any ocean current coherence.


That's all over and there isn't enough physics being done to establish a mechanism.  I shall call it 'magic', and it pukes all over my attempts with the Scientific Method.  Usually, these bizarre things are a result of chaos and go away quickly.  If it doesn't then I shall crawl back into my hole.  No coffee for me.

ps.  now that I think of it, the smooth flow of the current out of the 'mixing bowl' could be pumping up mild heat into the atmosphere.  On the video, this smooth flow all the way in the Pacific, from east to west, is unusual.  For the past year, this flow has been turbulent.  If this is the case, then the general rise in temperature could last a while, and be a good crutch to support clange.  Smooth, coherent flow has always been associated with a heating event, but usually, it is a reverse.  Back to the drawing board.

pps.  this correlation is good, and I could get a cup of coffee.  But I don't have any mechanism for these heating events.  


No comments: