Thursday, July 8, 2021

Western heat eases with Pacific breeze

 


Yeah, they get the breezes again.  The heatwave was caused by a total stoppage of the Pacific plumes on BC.  The dang weather people just called it a 'Heat Dome', as if that means anything.  It just set the warmies off.  And the fire was caused from the town, probably somebody's air conditioner blew up.

All in all a total warmie distortion, that upped media circulation by a lot.


Now we've just got the callie deserts at full heat.  Will they all go there?  BC is just going to pleasant, and we're going cold.  On the plume chart you can see more and more Arctic blobs coming down on Toronto.  July will be a washout.  

I remember something like this in 1977 when I was a construction inspector, and part of it was the grass cutting at the old Downsview military air field.  It rained every day all summer.  The fields were a sodden swamp, and the mowers couldn't get in.  They yelled at me, and finally took me off to put in an old ex-military guy.  I don't think he did any better.

This morning I misread the charts and thought they were for June.  I went nuts for the old May results.  My best snarky work yet.  All wasted, but I expect June will be bad, and I can write all that again.  The US gov't charts are getting later and later as it gets colder and colder.  Their PR department will have a tough time warming things up, maybe something like '15th warmest June ever'.

I never proof-read until I publish.  I hate to read the editor format.


No comments: