Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Darlington Unit 2 running at full blast

 Well, I was wrong.  I thought that a total disregard for physics would make the Darlington refurb a total disaster.  But, they managed to hide the overruns and fired it up at a piss-poor 850 MW.  Wonderful.  At one time we thought to get 950 or 1000, but it was derated a few times because of the vibrations, and the horrible fuelling machine problems.

It lasted 30 years with constant fixes to the heat exchangers, and now it will last another 30 years.  Bravo to all those people.  My pension is secure.

This ends any bitchin' I have about the station.  And here I thought they were keeping horrible Pickering going longer because Darlington wasn't working out.  Wrong again.  Since I am constantly wrong, I feel that all the nasties can ignore me.  Thank you.



No comments: