Monday, October 2, 2023

Winter comes pouring in

 Crap, I hate it when I'm right.  My curse is that I'm always right, but that the answer is so politically unacceptable that everybody goes La La La, and throws mud at me.  It would be a real Casandra curse, if I cared.

Anyway, the prediction was for winter in October, and we have been lucky with a weird set of cyclones sucking up all the cold air.


Those dams have fallen and we get a winter blast for Thanksgiving.  I was just up at the cottage and waiting for the kids to lift the heavy things on the weekend.  Now, I'm going soon and closing up and dang the kids, who just want to paddle board.  Sorry, bit cold for that, and I'm worried the pump will freeze and blow.

ps.  whoops, misread the weather.  Not freezing at the cottage, no snow, but generally miserable.  A fine weekend for saying good-bye to summer.


No comments: