Monday, October 30, 2023

Early snow prediction is correct

 Although the popular press likes to harp on 'peak' temperatures, the mark of a horrible winter is the length, and the degree days (heating costs).  They never report this.

My prediction was for snow from the end of October to the end of May.  That's a long, horrible winter.  I'm no longer in that business.  People can cheer up thinking of fantasy El Ninos coming to rescue them, along with the dancing Jet Stream, and wonderful Polar Vortex Fairies.

I was just basing the predictions on my experience in the 70's.  All our stimulus-addicted, protesting young people have no concept of that.  We can buy more solar cells from China, and broken windmills from Germany.  Everybody supports that position by shouting at politicians, and we know that the squeaky wheel is always correct.

Within the next week, I think that nooa will delay the coming of fantasy el nino, to Christmas, where he will compete with Santy Claus.  I will sit in the comfort of the living room and bother my old dog when she wants to sleep.  Let sleeping dogs wake up and play with me!


2 comments:

Wayne said...

Snow on the ground in Peterborough this morning.

Harold Asmis said...

We might have to wait until next year for the snow to break trees in Toronto.