Thursday, July 13, 2023

NOAA world temperatures at a stalemate

 


It seems to be forming a post-2016 hump like the ones before.  In all those cases, I found a sign of extra heat energy being poured out on the Pacific equatorial belt.  I can't find anything right now, so the pendulum may be swinging to the fantasy side of 'more heat', rather than my gloomy physics side of 'no heat'.

However, it doesn't have that broader approach like 1997 and 2016.  I'll just hope for more warmth in the fall.  If you just plot the months of June, it is quite a spike, which will make their report look good.  

This bit of heat may have come from the Atlantic belt, but there are no measurements.  Why fund physics, when you are absolutely sure of yourself?  I still go with my hypothesis that we are cruising along the top of the long cycle, and change is very slow.

ps. ok, they went with 'Hottest June Ever', and all the influencers are piling in the money.


because the weird monthly plot is so spiky, if it was the 'coldest June ever' then they wouldn't have mentioned it.


2 comments:

Neil T said...

I know nothing but I disagree. I see a chaotic system about to collapse into... Don't know really, but my guess is a really torrid and humid equator band and cold and dry for everyone else. Just my 2 cents.

Harold Asmis said...

Neat, that's the fun of chaotic systems -- who knows?