Sunday, July 16, 2023

Android tv box has a secret reset button

 I got a T95z android box for the bedroom tv.  I mounted the old plasma tv for sleeping to Hallmark movies.  Puts you into a nice sleep because there are no complex plots to unravel as you fall asleep.  If I get into a 'rewrite' of a movie, then I have to take a wheelbarrow of pills to knock me out.  There is only one plot for all Hallmark movies.  :)

We've been getting power zaps all summer with this horrible weather.  I protect every electronic device, but sometimes things get through, especially a short power blink.  The tv box was stuck on the boot screen, and this seems to be a common problem.

The button is hiding in the bottom of the AV hole, whatever that's for.  You just put in a small screwdriver and press the button.  I just pressed it once and plugged it in, and it worked.  Sometimes you have to press 3 times as you power up to get the Android control screen.  Neat.


No comments: