Thursday, July 6, 2023

Bruce C Is On!

 Yeah, all my work on the geology of Ontario is becoming relevant again, except it will be ignored, just like the Niagara Tunnel, and the Bruce Nuclear Waste black hole.

When I did the big study for new nuclear plants, Bruce C was at the bottom and I threw it out of consideration.  Of course, nobody wrote that down, because it would offend a Power Monger.  We just went on to other things.  I did all the geology for the Niagara Tunnel, and look what happened there.

A while ago, Bruce went on a tear for new plants and one was on Lake Erie.  All the locals found my blog and bitched, but I said, Forgetaboutit!.  Lake Erie regularly freezes to near solid -- no water.

And then there was the Bruce Black Hole, which was abandoned, thanks to our Native friends.  They just moved that down the block.  I sweated blood to point out the flaws, and all ignored.  

Now, Bruce C is ten times worse, because they can actually build it, which they can't for the waste repository.  That's because it's on the worst rock in the world, and influencers have the money to make it the world's best rock, by just looking at a single piece.

I'm staying out of this, and just marvelling at another Grand Stupidity.  It's only 10 billion wasted, and not trillions.  Don't bet good money that they will be anywhere near the budget.  I'm thinking 10 times.  The only opposition are leftwingers who say they can replace a large nuclear plant with windmills - Ha!

ps.  the least problem with Bruce C is that they can't get any super-brights up there.  An sb is worth 10 monkeys in normal tasks like writing software, but an sb will just say "Put the dot right there." and no amount of monkeys can do that.  When they did the refurbs, they just followed the original design to the bullet holes, no brains necessary.  I know a super-bright that could it, but he'd just say "No way!".   


No comments: