Friday, February 4, 2022

Linux - Google Stadia Dead

 It was fun trying to get it to work with Linux.  When I finally got it to work, I paid $12 to see what it could really do.  I couldn't tell any difference in the resolution, and most of the extra free games didn't work.  I've cancelled, written off my loss, and gone back to free version to get my atrophied brain working once in a while.


Stadia was one of those brilliant things that didn't connect with the social set.  Same as the others.  Google just can't stand to lower itself to the Kardy level where all the crazies are.  With games, everybody was buying huge rigs and cheating like hell.  That was the ecosystem.

Stadia killed outspending the Joneses, and eliminated cheating at the chip level, because everything was run on a server, and only graphics, and movements were transmitted.  I love Destiny 2, but I can't past the first 5 minutes, and I do it over and over again, like Groundhog Day.

Oh well, onto the next Great Google Social Thing.  Yeah!


No comments: