Thursday, February 24, 2022

Fixing a Samsung dryer

 The inside of the samsung dryer is just an old Inglis.  So, you need this.

Dryer wheels

Sometimes they wear out brand new, mostly after 5 years of medium use.  

So, you get a hint when things start squeaking.  My relative showed me how to take it apart.  I lubricated things, but it never lasted.  You need a full replacement.

Pull out the dryer and unplug it.  Then jam a screwdriver under the top at the front and it pops off.  The whole top leans back.  Secure it with a wire.

Then lots of screws, and try not to lose them, like I always do.  Use utoob to find how to unhook the belt - that's a nasty job.  Replace all the wheels and the spikes.  Heaven help you with the front ones.  Get you fingers back there, and swear a lot.  Don't take off the back, you can do it!

Put on the new idle wheel and belt.  Have lots of fun.

Then it all goes back together.  Nice and quiet and should last another 5 years.  My dryer burned out the inside of a wheel.  They are just sleeves on spikes.  Bearings would get mucked up.  I had a cup of ground steel which I sucked up with the shop vac.  Clean everything.  blah.

ps. finally tested it.  Smooth as silk.


No comments: