Monday, October 7, 2024

New guy at geophysics site

 I've been watching all my geophysics sites blink out one by one, as funding dries up.  Better to put billions of dollars into AI.  However, happy, happy, one of my old sites has decided to keep up to date.  I love it!


I trust these guys, and it shows that the last heating event had 10 time the heat energy of the previous ones.  The total heat energy is related to the area under the spike.


The chart that makes sense is the tropics band.  That is not influenced by the wild swings of Antarctica, like the world charts.  I can believe that this is a clean, short spike.  The 'residuals' of the other bands may be due to a physics error, that is, there should be charts of heat energy.  You cannot take a few degrees C of temperature rise in Antarctica at 60 below, and add those temperatures directly to the world chart.  That's meaningless.  However, sounds good for influscience.

Summary - the world charts have something wrong with them as a means of assessing world effects.  That last spike only gave us one warm winter.  However, it's all we got.

ps yeah for natgas



No comments: