Friday, March 29, 2019

Winter is still upon us for a few more weeks

Such is the fun of an ice age.  We have it officially from nasa that we are in 'temporary' cold, a reverse of climate change.  All the warmies are emphasizing 'temporary'.  As usual, there is no physics defining the term, so people can think it means 'next year is warm again', and if it isn't, then it means 'geologic time'.


We had another slashing plume bringing up Gulf heat, but that is still weak.  The high plumes are bringing down Arctic air.  It will only get warm when our 'default weather' rises because of the sun.  In April I look forward to turning over the garden -- not going to happen.  The ice will leave the cottage lake quite late this year.

I have been totally wrong about natgas prices.  I had thought that running out of storage meant something, but apparently it does not.  My bad.

ps.  we have a sheltered nook facing west.  It's an oven during climate change, but during the ice age it is great.  I was enjoying great warmth.

pps.  just a reminder that all our forecasters when with warming and said March would be very warm.  I said that I didn't see where the heat was coming from.


No comments: