Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Don't touch this site with Internet Explorer!

Article

This site has an exploit that will take over your computer! I will find out who you loved in high school, and whether you put on your pants with the right leg first!

Actually, not. But that would be cool! Still, we bloggers have an obligation to the people who click our ads, some of which look pretty sleazy. I can't imagine that anyone who would read this blog would be dumb enough to still use IE, but I do get a lot of utility visitors (who don't like me), and they can keep using IE, for all I care.

I always found that as soon as I put Firefox on the kid's XP machines, the number of bad things dropped down to zero. We bloggers are united in pointing this out.

4 comments:

Silver Fox said...

Thanks for the warning - and I still use IE7!

JimBobby said...

Whooee! You oughta take Google Chrome out fer a test spin, HaroldFeller. It come outta beta a coupla days ago. Very clean.

JB
(Ad-clickin' fool)

Harold Asmis said...

I just use Linux, and they don't have it yet.

JimBobby said...

I reckon yer a real scientist, using Linux. I got a brother-in-law swears by it an' my son's usin' it on one of his many machines.

I mostly use Firefox but I fire up Opera or Safari every once in a while when I wanna cheat in some poll by votin' twice or three times. My IE7 is broken most of the time.