I got some coffee when I went after Phil and Vennie. Now, I go after Japan. But they are so insular, I don't even get phoney hits from them.
We expect much better from Japan, but they are the ones who put backup generators in the basement. Also, they have a lot of 'legacy builds' in areas that aren't regularly wiped clean.
This was a strike-slip earthquake in the stressed zone behind the main subduction zone.
You can see the fault zone is about 100 km long, which puts it into the 6+ category. I estimate the ground motion to be 10 cm/s because of the light damage.
This is where we have fun because I always say we should ride out 20 cm/s, and their damage is ridiculous.
This is fun because it looks like a cantilever concrete beam with no steel. Really? Was it built by the mob?
Really? What is this construction? Pick-up sticks? Oh well, we must allow for corruption.
Since this seems to be the only damage, that's why I give it 10 cm/s. Japan is good for publishing the strong ground motion, but I don't want to go through all the barriers for this little guy.
ps they are the best for reporting
Looks like 20-40 cm/s for most of the area, but lots of recordings with very high pgv. I will suppose these are on soft soils. So, it is best to make fun while ignorant.





No comments:
Post a Comment