Thursday, September 14, 2023

Tahiti trip a total sog

Ha, I lent my cheapo action camera to the divers.  It’s snorkel-proof but not dive-proof.  Sad.  But I’ll get a new one, just the base, since I have all the stuff.  The unstable streamers have given us rain overnight and morning, with a flash of sun in the afternoon.  At least our burning has been minimized.  I can’t recommend going to Tahiti this year, and next year will be worse.  They can’t predict the weather if they just blame everything on the Universe, or Magic El Nino.  If you can’t measure it, it doesn’t exist, but if you clap real loud you’ll save the magic.

  I did learn that you have to clamp the side windows with 50 pounds of force on your fingers.  We woke up again to soggy towels.

  The wind has been so strong I can’t fly my drone.  Also, the stupid thing got upset and it took me forever to learn how to reset it.  Works now.  

  We have a nice sail before us, and I hope we catch a fish this time.  No luck so far.

  Tahiti is just a big retirement home for the French.  Good thing they fight for early retirement.  We can see endless super-expensive resorts with the sea-chalets (Don’t call them huts).  Those are just for Parishiltons, who was here recently.  They are all empty.  It’s funny that if you travel off-season, you expect discounts, but not here.  

  If we catch a fish, I won’t be so grumpy.  

ps.  OMG, this boat is an old Euro train.  Don't flush in the station.  Crap.


No comments: