Tuesday, November 9, 2021

New guy on the weather block - The cold-air landslide, or 'clairslide'

 In the past few years there has been something new seen on the satellite maps.  I used to call it a 'cold blob' or 'cold air glacier', and now I've officially named it the 'clairslide'.  I consider I have complete freedom with terminology and semantics, since I follow my heroes - The Carbon Warming Gods.  Nothing stops them from coining a meaningless phrase like 'climate change'.  and I will, too.

Basically, we've been getting real cold air at the poles.  Although, this is just weather, records are being set and the ozone holes are huge.  During the last warming spell, we had tropical air plumes sailing over the North Pole and it was warm.  Some people who only read the selective press still think the polar bears are dying.

The weather people think all this cold air is being held in by polar vortex fairies, who ride their horses, and herd the cold-air cattle.  Once in a while, the fairies go to town to get drunk, and the cattle break out.  These is an escaped cold air mass and freezes the humans.  Texas was one such event, caused by sloppy cow herding.

There is some good physics and it's all mass, forces, and movement.  

Hold it!  I need some thinking on this, to be continued, maybe.  Actually, I like their cow story better than reality, so I might stop here.



No comments: