Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Canadian computer systems start to fall

 


I've decided not to lay this on just poor newbieland.  Since I am a Linux computer nut, I have watched friends and family deal with the computer systems at their work.  I have always been amazed.  It's like a nigerian building made of sand.  Of course, I would go nuts and yell "How can this stand?".  And everybody would go 'la la la'.

That's what anti-depressive pills are for.  You must go with the flow, and laugh when things happen.  I always thought that all hospital systems are compromised, but that nobody cares.  Are you going to demand ransom from a hospital?  Is there any glory in extracting data of gallbladder stones?  blah.

If it is suddenly a 'thing' to declare yourself as master of a healthcare system, then we can expect a lot more of this.  Otherwise, let sleeping dogs poop.  

ps.  yes, the hardcore crackers would keep hospitals as tamagachi pets.  Fixing things up, keeping other hackers away.  Such a nice picture.

pps.  I have found that within an institution or country, you must have a dedication to rationality to have things work (like xspace).  If you are dedicated to fantasy and frippery, then nothing works, and it doesn't matter because you just forget those failures, and go onto something new.  :)  Nothing like a good PR department.

No comments: