Sunday, November 21, 2021

Linux - Google Stadia

 Yeah, we old farts need to play video games to sharpen the brain.  I have a Linux media machine attached to the 4K tv.  On default, you connect a really old xbox controller, and it works.  Not really, horrible lag.

You have to do 'google-chrome-stable --use-gl=desktop, and it works.  My problem is that you need to use very subtle motions on the joystick, and I have trouble with that when I'm attacked 'Oh God, I'm going to die.'.  Very light motions.

I'm getting better, but it's tough doing two things at once.  However, I recommend that all the old farts try Google Stadia, because they give out a lot of free stuff.  You don't need the heavy graphics cards.

ps.  Stadia is in the sweet spot for old farts, because they are still pouring in money, but it is declining for the super-gamers.  I always thought there was no hope for people like my son, because they have hot computers, and they like to cheat.  Stadia doesn't allow cheating.

pps.  my suspicion is that a big dose of my cannabis oil will make me play better.  I'll have to try it.  I can't wait to see the wife's reaction to seeing another useless gameaholic teenager.  Yeah!

more - went to 2.16 rc2, and it seems much smoother on the amdgpu


No comments: