Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Brutal Winter for Toronto

Reference



The winter will continue the trend of an ice age of some sort.  But now the El Nino is gone.  As I've said before, I just hope we go into a regular 20 year cycle, like the 70s.  This should give Toronto some -30 time, and Georgian Bay should be -40.  Ah, the winter camping of my youth.

There is a 10% chance we'll break through the bottom of the 'minor ice age', and go to a 'major ice age', the 300 year cycle.  I won't be around to see that.  :)

Well, he seemed so low that I couldn't say no; then he says with a sort of moan:
"It's the cursed cold, and it's got right hold till I'm chilled clean through to the bone.
Yet 'tain't being dead -- it's my awful dread of the icy grave that pains;
So I want you to swear that, foul or fair, you'll cremate my last remains."

...

And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said: "Please close that door.
It's fine in here, but I greatly fear you'll let in the cold and storm --
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it's the first time I've been warm."

Just shut the damn door for me!

In the meantime, the Arctic ice volume chart is getting ragged at the minimum.


Prepare for a slew of warmie press when it hits the minimum.  Much more energy is at the top, and I expect it to beat 2017 without the EN to slow it.

The weekly ocean currents show nothing new.  There is a weak reversal in the Pacific, and the Atlantic flow to the south has its ups and downs.  We can make fun of the UK with their 3 day heatwave, the only warmth of their summer.



ps.  in the winter, Toronto lives on road salt.  Below -10C salt is ineffective. 

No comments: