Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The mechanism of ocean temperature instability

 I actually have no idea, because nobody is measuring anything, but this morning I nearly had coffee up the nose when I saw the chart.


Quite a flip at the end, but then, all the lines have these spikes and dips.  If you look at detailed surface measurements, then you see all sorts of chaos, mainly eddy currents.  These currents take deeper warm or cold water and spread it around the surface, which affects this chart.  It's all quite mysterious and wonderful.

I'm expecting a quick dive again, since I'm not seeing anything on the surface temperature anomaly chart.  I suspect that the larger convolutions should show something, like typhoons, etc.

These little things don't affect my 6 month weather forecast, and no charts affect the Popular People 50 year forecast.  I'm just thinking that a bit of frostbite might stop the 'free the pointy end' fashion fad.  :)

ps.  I just saw the Sept nooa and noosa reports showing that global warming is still on track.  It's amazing what selected charts will show.  So, I take it back that the Popular People don't show charts any more.  They just devise some really weird ones.  

pps.  and next month they'll have a different set of charts.  Can't deny it.


No comments: