Thursday, August 3, 2023

The Great Conflict of the Mechanisms of Hurricanes

 I didn't realize that nobody can decide that the eye of the hurricane is cold air descending or warm dry air rising.  Neat.




Half the pictures have cold air descending, and half have warm air rising.  I was gong to say something on a new heating mechanism, but I am flummoxed.  

How this could be acceptable is amazing.  I know it is warm air rising, and the vortex dries the air, so that it is a heat volcano spewing out hot air to warm the world.  I give up with a headache.

ps.  I didn't realize the physic rot went this far, in a battle of institutions.  I am retreating into the batcave for a while.

 

2 comments:

Neil T said...

You think that's bad... Look at the current proton/neutron models... Talk about a kitchen sink approach and it still doesn't work.

Harold Asmis said...

I know, but they fly planes in and out. You would think it would be conclusive.