Friday, July 19, 2019

Cottage report July 19, 2019

This is the peak of the July heat wave.  Stagnant, Gulf air is over us.  High of 34 in the city.  Here it is wonderful.  The water is still cool, and the nights are cool, as well.  Horseflies are everywhere, but easy to kill and feed the fishies.

Not a nibble with my fishing, which is par for a heat wave.  Some people want me to work, but not going to happen....

ps


Yeah, let's blame that rotten jet stream for everything, even though it just a boundary effect between hot and cold.  It's angry at all the carbon being released, and will bring the ice age down on us.  The more we breathe, the colder it will get.

ps.  fun watching the daughter teaching her man how to windsurf without the centre board down.  When I finally mentioned it, he said to her 'I hate you."  Then he started right away with the keel down.  :)

pps  a major change in weather on Sunday.  The fish are biting again, but I didn't catch anything worth keeping.

more:  this is the warmest June ever.  I couldn't believe it since we are well below the peak warm month, but we are on a small El Nino rise and all the other Junes were in troughs.  Thus, the warmest June ever, but a highly misleading fact.  The other El Ninos did not peak in June.

mor2 - coming home Sunday, I saw that Toronto got like 6 inches of rain.  wow.

No comments: