Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another earthquake plan for the US

A big NIST plan is open for public comments in the US. I'm not going to read it, since they always talk big and never do anything. If California wants to do anything, they have to open up another bond, and go deeper in debt. If the science has to be funded, it has to go through the pork market in Congress. I just hope they get some decent seismometers. Having one per state just isn't going to cut it.

As I have said before, my dream is that they decently instrument the big ENA seismic zones, and confirm my hypothesis, which is hanging by a thread with only one zone reporting in (Hamilton). You really have to get these smaller zones because the really big ones (New Madrid and Charlevoix) have too many complications.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just in time!