Monday, January 23, 2017

Let's talk about depression

In Canada, the big corporations like Bell and my old company are depressive.  Nobody is happy working for them.  The old company used to do those surveys, but the results were so terrible they gave up.  Nevertheless, Bell has money to throw around, and they have focused on depression which I think is great thing.  Besides, Bell is putting fiber to the home in our neighbourhood, and that is great!  :)

I am being rather sexist in insisting that male depression is the bigger social problem, but these guys have to give equal time to both sexes, or else they will get a big march.  :)  I'm saying this because males are the gruff, manly men, and never seek help.  They drink to excess and then kill everybody.  Women just suffer in silence.

However, our only success in helping someone was with a female friend, who got the necessary help.  I never had any luck with male friends who could use a pill.  I only went for treatment after my sister tried to kill herself, and I saw the similarities.  This thing is highly hereditary, and you need to look at family history.

I've written a lot about this, but help is available.  Do the checklist, check the family history, and then go to your doctor.  You'll feel great and you'll repair your brain.

ps. as a campaign, they might as well devote a lot of money to female depression, since the men are so hopeless.  :)

No comments: