Friday, November 22, 2013

Nexus 4 doesn't like KitKat

I always check my power level, and today it was suddenly drained.  Doesn't even register that it is charging when I plugged it in.  Good thing I don't really depend on any phone, since I'm retired and nobody but spammers call me.  :)   I'm sure they'll fix this, but I hope the phone is in a condition to receive the fix.  :(

My old Nexus 7 got the update, and so far it is holding.

Update:  I'm thinking now that the battery may have been drained by a flurry of updates.  It seems to have settled down now, and is charging normally.  My advice is to keep it plugged in a lot after the update.

Update2:  It is still weird.  Today it refused to turn on by pressing the button.  I had to do a power - vol down thing to restart it.  The battery was at 56%

Update3:  I just did the factory reset which they now recommend.  Many people have had problems and this apparently fixes everything.

Update4:  This has cleared all problems and the battery life is good now.

No comments: