Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Kodak Wireless Picture Frame EX811

I've seen these at Costco for years, and always thought they were useless. But my money-with-no-expenses-cause-Dad-pays-them-all son bought us the wireless version. With some fun, and a firmware upgrade, it detects my Linux-based Mediatomb mediaserver, and shows pictures from that. It had no problem connecting with my WPA wireless. It works so well, I have to suspect it is running Linux!

Now I've started to dig up my really old digital files, and put them on the mediaserver. I put them on a 30 second refresh, and it's fun to see an old picture show up. What are you really going to do with umpteen thousand old digital pictures?

More on this, by a useless technology writer who couldn't figure how to wireless himself out of a paper bag! :)

No comments: