Thursday, October 29, 2020

Covid Physics Experiment

 I'm not pushing anything, but I know you young 'uns are going to have illegal costume parties.

So, forget the masks that you aren't going to wear anyway and go for cheap safety goggles from the dollar store or ammie.


 

 Advertise it as a 'Goggle Party'.  After two weeks I expect lots of stories of super-spreader events from standard illegal Halloween parties, and none from goggle parties.  Have lots of hand sanitizer for nail biters, but I expect they've been exposed already.

Nobody takes the goggles off, ever.  Eye rubbers are probably the same as nail biters.

This is probably good for the universities, since everybody has a pair of lab goggles, and only nerds read this.  But I didn't say anything.  The sackcloth doctors will say 'No Nothing', and have the same effect as sackcloth warmies.

As I have said before, the physics would lead one to believe that 99% of superspreader transmission is through the eyes.  That means none through the nose and mouth.  But I'm not saying this, I am not a 'Mask Denier' like 'some' people we know.  :)

ps.  this is like Prohibition, so I'm saying that if you go to a Speakeasy, only drink straight shots of smuggled Seagrams.  :)

pps. the italics thing went away.

more:  I wish they would use sampling theory math.  80% of hospitalized patients had a vitamin D deficiency.  In Canada, a random sample would lead to 80% vitD deficiency.  

16 comments:

Brent said...

https://markcrispinmiller.com/2020/10/that-mask-is-giving-you-lung-cancer/

Any comments

Harold Asmis said...

That article is typical internet pushing. The comments are good, pointing out things the author 'throws in'. There is no danger in wearing a mask, but that's a red herring. The main thing is like the argument about legalizing drugs, nobody listens to the doctors. "You're too fat!" "Stop that!"

If my hypothesis is correct, then masks are useless. They were designed for the OR, and only draconian mask enforcement, like the Chinese, can work, maybe. One superspreader who talks loudly, wears a poor mask, etc can infect the whole room. So, 99% mask compliance is equivalent to zero. 99% goggles (or wrap-around safety glasses) can save 99% of the room. Also, you can say that "no symptoms' cannot spread, but the symptons can come in very fast, so that's a useless statement.

Harold Asmis said...

Also I like the comment that a doctor wore a mask running, with no oxygen problem. How many viruses did he pant out. If you blow hard on a mask, there is no filtering.

Harold Asmis said...

Ha, an electrostatic mask can only hold a few particles before the charge is used. As well, moisture screws up the charge. Electrostatic is good for funace filters. This is where more physics is needed.

Brent said...

It is time for a scotch with that vitamin D you talk of.

Harold Asmis said...

Over the years I have bought vD tablets, and they all expire, mostly full. I'm going to buy some more to have with Scotch. Just sit back and watch all the fun. :) vD makes almost no difference to your life, not like my cannabis stuff, which is the fountain of youth.

Penny said...

Most of the northern hemisphere is deficient in Vitamin D
that's cause most people don't spend time out doors anymore

I take Vitamin D everyday- starting in fall (about now)

" my cannabis stuff, which is the fountain of youth"
I'm not sure if that would hold up to scrutiny, but, if it makes you happy that's good because being happy is good for your health, living in fear is not

I'm reading a book right now about fear- it's uses for control- yikes.

Penny said...

Anonymous Brent said...

https://markcrispinmiller.com/2020/10/that-mask-is-giving-you-lung-cancer/

I thought his recent interview was very good- covers a lot of ground.

Brent said...

By the way I bought the composter you talked about in the summer. It does a great job.
Now all I have to do is find the red light for my eyes. I already have the pot and made my oil.

Harold Asmis said...

When you fill up the composter with new stuff, dump a bucket of water with a generous helping of miraclegrow. Even in the cold weather, I got that thing steaming hot.

Harold Asmis said...

When that chemical nitrogen is consumed by boiling compost, it becomes 'organic'. :)

Brent said...

Interesting

Brent said...

What do you think of the PCR test for Covid

Harold Asmis said...

I think the covid test was useful in China where they kill people, but it's rather useless here because there is no treatment. The test is good for detecting virus rna particles, but then what? I was advising against 'la la' going to the test centre, only do it if you are forced to. The covid virus count in your body is exponential, which makes it not understandable to doctors. That means you test negative for days, and then in a few hours you are rampant contagious. The antigen test has the same problems, and the vaccine will be useless, probably as good as a vaccine for the common cold (None!). If they ever get a vaccine for the common cold, then I'll take the vaccine that says it's for all corona viruses. A specific vaccine for this virus is as useful as the fact that I had it in February, not very useful at all. However, if it means you can travel, like your yellow vaccine card for yellow fever, then take it.

Brent said...

Ok Tomorrow to Costco without a mask. Trouble with that is the wife would kill me if I was on front page of the newspaper.

Harold Asmis said...

Wear a face shield, you dingy! Can't have my disciple dying now, can I?