Monday, January 21, 2013

Windsor Hum Gets Money

Article

This is quite amazing.  The Feds are opening their tight purse! Probably only a 2-bit operation, since I can't see the necessary funds really being available.  As well, the solution may involve lobbing cannon shot over the river, and I can't see that happening.

If I went after it, in the old days, with my infinite 'old company' resources, I would budget it at 150K, with most of it being money to pay myself my ridiculous salary and pension.  I always had to cover myself with projects.  Realizing that it is harmonic noise, and thus immune to standard seismometers, I would work up some specialized arrays.  The real question is whether I would have to go borehole, and that would up the cost.

Obviously, we would have to do something over the river, and I would get a local university involved.  You can't expect any cooperation from the factories, since they are evil.  :)  A factory less evil would want to prove its innocence.

That I why I'm too expensive to live.  :(   People just want to spend enough to make it look like they are doing something.  That was the old company for the last few years I was there, and the main reason I jumped.

Update:  Looking at the news, they got 10 months pay for 1 or 2 people, but just doing air-acoustic.  With the huge university overheads, that must be a few hundred K.

Update2:  OM frickin G!  It's only 60K for 2 years.  http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/1492040--60-000-study-launched-to-investigate-windsor-hum-/

No comments: