Saturday, November 14, 2020

Covid doctors flailing in the dark

 Reference


I promised myself to leave covid stupidities behind.  But this article had an engineering professor who completely forgot about physics.

“Unfortunately, the hard reality is that we don’t know that much,” said Dionne Aleman, a University of Toronto engineering professor who studies health-related systems.

Really?  Where's the physics?  I just give up.  :(

ps.


When they say 'modelling', it's warmie modelling, which is a simple extrapolation.  That's the extent of their math, no sampling theory, no fundamentals, etc.  And who cares?  :)

pps.  It is my dream that we can all get away with goofy lab or swim goggles.  Everybody a nerd!

more -- these look good for parties, about $2 each on sale.  I haven't tried these ones, but a full face shield is better than just goggles. 



4 comments:

Brent said...

Time to go back to your cottage

Harold Asmis said...

Too cold.

Penny said...

scrolling through news nows feed and there this is..

It's always been models. Models. Models and more models.
And then the PCR tests with their excessive CT..
St Joseph's Hospital has a CT of 45. I'll bet they've had a ton of false positives, but, wonder... what's the financial incentive?
I'll bet it's good.

btw: Hubby just keeps a working on the nuclear refurbishments.... yeah!
he's "essential" so there ;P

Harold Asmis said...

It's a two-edge sword to be essential. I'm glad I'm not. :)