Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Darlington Refurb a Total Success

Reference


Now, here's where I was wrong, and now my 'wrongs' exceed my 'rights'.  No wonder that nobody reads me.  From what I knew, and their desire to defy physics, I thought this would be a costly disaster.  Those that read the news now know that everything is peachy-keen, as any tiny thing gone wrong would be suppressed by the PR department.  But we know nothing is wrong.

Darlington is the site of my famous 'Water Laser'.  They danced on the edge of chaotic disaster.  Lucky for them, changing the pumps to 7 vane knocked down the vibrations to sub-disaster.  The only disaster was that everything vibrated to death in just 20 years.  That's why we had the refurb.

It's fun to be always happy-happy.  Who wants to be an intellectual depressive like myself?  So they rebuilt it exactly the same, but the cost was way more than the 6 million dollar man.

I find this to be exciting.  A refurb means that some things will be different.  Hopefully they have stepped away from the edge of the cliff and are now in stable territory.  No vibrations, and everything lasts the 40 years that it should have.

It's amazing that should they have the vibration problems when they go full blast, we'll never hear about it.  I'll sleep well, with all my drugs.  :)

ps.  has anybody seen the words: 'On time, and on budget.'?

No comments: