Thursday, April 2, 2020

I probably already had covid-19

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  At the end of February we visited the brother-in-law in Huntsville.  He's a big mover and shaker at Deerhurst, and meets a lot of people.  He was just recovering from what we thought was bronchitis but he had to go to the hospital and was totally weakened.  Again, we thought it was walking pneumonia.  His wife was getting it, but only got a sniffle.

Then it roared through our family.  I have never been so sick from bronchitis.  It burned down my lungs and I was quite weak, but not flattened.  Then my wife got a little bit, my son got a sniffle, and his sig other didn't feel a thing.

We'll only know if I get the real thing, and think that the previous thing was nothing or we get the antibodies tested sometime down the road.

We self-isolated because of the cold, and didn't give it anybody except my daughter and her man who both just had a sniffle.

So, it was well into the community by January, and it was hiding under the colds.  Or nothing.  I'm going with this, since it makes me happy.  :)

ps.  if any of this is true, then it demonstrates how the power of exponentials is lost on non-physics types.  Wuhan was brewing in November.  Canada was brewing in Feb.  In fact, when my kids might have had it, they were at a big fashion event in Toronto with lots of Italians.....

It is the nature of exponentials to brew for a long time and then explode.  The fact that it suddenly broke over the whole world shows this.

ps if it actually was covid, then it helps with the pain to take huge amounts of my stuff.  :)

No comments: