Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oklahoma fights back about its earthquakes

Article

It is unlikely that all of Oklahoma's recent earthquake clusters can be attributed to human activities, state geologist G. Randy Keller says in a position statement released Monday. 

I love it when people use the old 'all' argument.  It's been used against me thousands of times (surely not thousands!).  When I make a statement, I turn it to an absolute if it is 80-90% true.  Thus, I would state that 'all' of these earthquakes are injection.  Somebody can attack that statement by using the rare exception.

That is why scientists never say anything interesting, because their opposition might go down to less than 1%, or one in a million!  Statements always have to be couched in a zillion qualifications.

No comments: