Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Fallacy of Fault Finding

Article

Here's where it gets tricky. Without me actually saying this guy is crazy<-<-<-unusual, which I never would do, since he could sue me, we have here the case of a new fault being discovered.

There are zillions of these faults! Most of them are dead. Now, I'm not crazy when I say my Hamilton Fault is a big threat, since that is backed up with a lot of other information, other than the mere fact it exists. A threat-fault has to have a mechanism to continue the seismicity, or it locks up and dies.

So, throughout my career, people have 'discovered' faults, and immediately declared them a major threat to humanity. They were wrong. I, on the other hand, have only got 2 cents for all my work today, and therefore am finished.

No comments: