Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Tunnelling starts at Pickering nuclear plant

 


Ha, I totally forgot what I said about the 'Big Makeover' of Pick B.  This is the station that I think has no soil underneath the basement, and is suspended on its piles.  Of course, they won't do their geotechnical investigations there.  The station has the world's worst silt problem, and features heavily in my apocalyptic story about the next Toronto earthquake.

To get rid of the silt problem, they need a tunnel for the intake, and the PR department only says 'geotechnical work'.  This is how we did all the prelims for the tunnels.  Neat.

ps. they don't have any internal expertise, and will rely on 'money loving' consultants - Ha!

ps. the fact they are doing a tunnel means they read me!  But don't look at the huge cavern under the plant!



No comments: