Thursday, May 13, 2021

Arctic ice volume finally dipping

 


I hate to admit it, but I always gloat a little when the ice volume chart breaks new records.  I know that we are always reading that the ice melting is causing our current cold, but that is normal warmie rhetoric. 

And so, Mr. Arctic Ice, it is time.  Please melt away for the summer, and give something for the warmie press.  

And for scurrilous gossip, it seems that noaa is having a big computer problem, and can't put out the figures I love.  They are working on it.  I hope it wasn't the nasty ransomware beaver!

In other news, all the philosophers were ecstatic when noaa revised the 30 year normal upwards.  But this causes the temperature anomaly to look worse.  


The temp anomaly map is the current temperature minus that 30 year average.  Now, we are all freezing, including the poor UK.  Win some, lose some.


Here, 'rainy' is a euphemism for 'cold'.  In the UK, it is only cold, when there is snow.  :)


No comments: