Thursday, December 20, 2018

Repeated Pacific Plumes Keeping Us Warm



I didn't really expect this, so colour me wrong.  The great warmth of the Western Pacific has spewed out these plumes that are hitting us like clockwork.  These plumes suck up more warm air from the Gulf of Mexico as they go by, keeping Toronto warm.  This all mashes together into a big plume that hits the UK.  I don't see another one starting up, so maybe that's it.

Normally, I would expect that a northern current would regulate these plumes, but it seems that they are having fun all themselves.  This is the fun of chaotic behaviour.  Perhaps soon this pattern will change, and we'll see something else.

I can't complain.  I don't make or lose any money being right or wrong, and I enjoy my dog walks.  I was thinking about 10 below right about now, and I couldn't be happier.  :)

Really, I can't get over how evenly spaced these things are.  They can't last forever....

ps.  Although these clockwork plumes have shattered my confidence, the Arctic is still doing nicely at 30 below.


pps.  the warm water off South America continues to increase.

No comments: