Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Autobiography of Sam Smith - 1

I, Sam Smith, entered university without a clue on what I wanted to do with my life.  I was a technical purist from a family of purists, and I went into the U of Tiwanna, Engineering Science program.  I had won the gold medal of top marks from my high school, mainly by shafting my competition.  I took German and they were forced to take English from a crazy guy who randomly chose his marks.  Ha, Ha!

As such, I could have chosen any university course, but this one seem to be the best thing to postpone difficult choices.  I also got a full bursary from some steel company, but I chose to stay home and commute.  My banana-republic province was rich with some 10 million people, so I stacked up on student loans which I never spent.  I only had my poor widow mother, so it was a bonanza.  Lest anybody think this was worse than being a Russian laundromat, this money had to be paid back, but there were grants on top of that, and I went with the flow.

I was a brilliant but generally useless student.  Since I commuted, I was never part of anything, and girls made me puke with anxiety, so I didn't have a life.  The first two years went like a blur.

-end of chapter 1  (I really hope they start getting longer)


No comments: