Saturday, October 25, 2014

Google Inbox - Multiple devices, multiple inputs

The Fish has been honoured to be an early recipient of Inbox.  Don't tell him if you got it too.


I think email has single-handedly destroyed the dysfunctional bureaucracy.  In a company, everybody and their dog sends stuff to every person, just to cover their rears.  5000 emails in the inbox is typical for a harried executive.  Well, forget those people, because they only use Microsoft.  Let's think about people in the New Economy who are effective.

We all now have at least three devices - phone, tablet, and computer.  We are getting info from at least two sources - hangouts (texts), and email.  We'll get the email first on the phone, while we are enjoying our espresso at Starbucks.  It's a link to a report, we don't want to deal with that now - pin it for the computer.

Things can be bundled and labelled - 'Boring' for corporate stuff, etc.  Links to YouTube videos can be saved for the tablet at home.

I didn't go through all the features, since I'm not a busy person, but I can see the potential here, and it would be great for my kids.

Update:  Apparently some people get a 'Golden Ticket' to invite others.  Not me, they're probably worried I'd sell it.  :)

Update2:  Man, no wonder they aren't giving me anything.  $200 a pop!

No comments: